Job Title: Mechanic
Department: Vineyard Shop Division: Field
Under the general direction of the Shop Manager, this position is responsible for diagnosing, repairing, rebuilding, maintaining farm machinery as well as fabricating metal parts and tools. Must be knowledgeable in repair and diagnosis of equipment problems, overhauls, pumps, motors and other equipment by performing the following duties:
- Communicates with drivers and operators regarding equipment problems so repairs are done properly.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of repairs
- Is knowledgeable of electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery
- Exhibits precise, correct practices when dismantling, assembling and installing industrial machinery
- Able to examine vehicle damage or malfunction and discusses with shop manager the proposed repair plan
- Able to apply practical aptitude, think ahead of project and identify potential problems
- Follows company policies and safety practices when performing job duties,
- Able to read and interpret specifications, repair manuals, wiring diagrams
- Able to diagnose malfunctions in farm machinery and equipment.
- Able to generate parts requisitions and maintain parts inventory
- Welds and fabricates items from blueprints or drawings
- Communicates well with vendors and coworkers in a professional manner.
- Be a team player and cross train with co-workers
- Special projects as assigned by Shop Manager
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Minimum Education required: Completion of technical school or 2-3 years related experience, a valid CA driver’s license, as well as forklift certification.
- This position requires good communication skills and the ability to communicate well with equipment operators. Although this position has no supervisory responsibilities, incumbent should have a working knowledge of what work and responsibilities are necessary to run the shop smoothly and be able to fill in temporarily during the shop manager’s absence. Bilingual not necessary, but is preferred English/Spanish.
Please send resume to email@example.com