Monterey Pacific, Inc. is seeking a mechanic to work in our shop located in King City, CA. Seeking a bilingual self-motivated responsible person who has Mechanical, Electrical and Welding Experience. Must be willing to work over-time hours as deemed necessary. Team player, good communication skills with a clean driving record is a must. Competitive Salary with health benefit package.
Forward Resume to:
Silia Rendon / Human Resource
Fax: (831) 678-4846
Monterey Pacific Inc. is a dynamic and innovative vineyard management company growing premium wine grapes on the Central Coast. MPI currently farms vineyards from the Santa Lucia Highlands to Hames Valley in Monterey County.
MPI prides itself on practical and sustainable farming practices and the use of advanced agricultural technologies. We have a strong team of dedicated, forward-thinking individuals, who welcome the challenges of specialized farming in complex environments.
The Vineyard Scout will work alongside the Pest Control Advisor and Vineyard Technician to maintain vine health and track vine development throughout the year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect 4,500 acres of vineyards for pests, diseases, weeds and nutritional problems
- Keep timely records of phenological events using farming software
- Assist in the collection of soil and tissue samples
- Monitor and maintain soil moisture/telemetry network and all field sensors
- Help collect data from various trials (soil health, new plantings, pruning systems, etc.)
- Assist with Harvest activities, including sampling and lab work
- Valid California driver’s license with clean driving record required
- S. in Agricultural Science, preferably with an emphasis in Viticulture, I.P.M., Entomology, Plant Protection, or Plant Protection.
- Must be highly familiar with computers and tablets: Excel, Word, data entry on tablets.
- Good communication skills
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) is preferred and will enhance the value of the position
- Active PCA license with appropriate categories is a plus
- Competitive Salary (DOE)
- Company vehicle for work and commuting
- 401K, Medical, and Dental coverage
Applicants must be self-motivated and energetic individuals who can work on his/her own when necessary. The job will not be limited to the responsibilities listed above, and involvement with other vineyard activities will be available on a regular basis. This is a great opportunity to work with a variety of vineyard farming systems in a premium viticulture area on the Central Coast.
Job Title: Safety Coordinator
Under the general direction of the Human Resource Manager, The Safety Coordinator is responsible in managing, coordinating and executing a safety culture to minimize the risk of illness and injury. Ensuring compliance with Company and Regulatory Requirements. These responsibilities include implementation and oversight of safety programs.
This position entails working closely with supervisors, top management and employees within this organization to develop policies and procedures that ensure the safety of all workers. Role ensures that all employees receive mandated safety and environmental training. Maintains all recordkeeping reports for filing with regulatory agencies. Works with Human Resource to foster and encourage total team commitment for Safety.
- Contribute to routine assessments and efforts to maintain compliance with Federal, State, and local health, safety, environmental regulations.
- Facilitate and maintain records of regular safety meetings, follow up on action plans to ensure completion and audit for effectiveness.
- Partners with Human Resource and Supervisors for all accidents and injuries to identify root causes and recommend corrective actions to reduce the risk of recurrence.
- Prepare legal notices, postings, and reports as required by governmental and regulatory agencies.
- Maintain safety logs, file and track all site safety reports.
- Assist in the completion of regulatory reports for OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- Perform routine safety inspections of daily activities and of facilities.
- Update and Maintain Defensive Driving policy and DOT Drug/Alcohol Program
- Participate in Seminars, Webinar, and Trainings to maintain with current regulatory requirements.
- Be proficient in typing, spelling punctuation, grammar, general math, oral communication, and general computer skills Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exercise good judgement, discretion, accuracy, organizational ability, initiative and interpersonal skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
Must have prior experience in developing and deploying safety programs in the agriculture business. Strong safety and Cal-OSHA background with a thorough knowledge and understanding of Federal, State and Local safety laws and regulations. Good human relation skills are required, as are excellent verbal and written communication skills to gather and convey information effectively and tactful. Proven work experience with incident investigation and root cause analysis. Solves problems, considers relevant alternatives before making recommendations and decisions. Effective leadership and personnel skills to efficiently plan, organize and delegate responsibilities for business efficiency.
Qualifications: Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, or equivalent of (3) years of work experience in the Occupational Safety Agriculture field and education. *Valid California driver’s license with clean driving record required. *Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) both verbal and written required. *CPR/First Aid Certification (preferred) *Cal-Osha 30 Compliance Course completion (preferred) *Tractor Train the Trainer (preferred) *Forklift Train the Trainer (preferred) *Pesticide Safety Trainer (preferred) *Sexual Harassment Prevention Instructor (preferred) * DOT Reasonable Suspicion (preferred
Please send resume to email@example.com
Job Title: Mechanic
Department: Vineyard Shop Division: Field
Under the general direction of the Shop Manager, this position is responsible for diagnosing, repairing, rebuilding, maintaining farm machinery as well as fabricating metal parts and tools. Must be knowledgeable in repair and diagnosis of equipment problems, overhauls, pumps, motors and other equipment by performing the following duties:
- Communicates with drivers and operators regarding equipment problems so repairs are done properly.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of repairs
- Is knowledgeable of electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery
- Exhibits precise, correct practices when dismantling, assembling and installing industrial machinery
- Able to examine vehicle damage or malfunction and discusses with shop manager the proposed repair plan
- Able to apply practical aptitude, think ahead of project and identify potential problems
- Follows company policies and safety practices when performing job duties,
- Able to read and interpret specifications, repair manuals, wiring diagrams
- Able to diagnose malfunctions in farm machinery and equipment.
- Able to generate parts requisitions and maintain parts inventory
- Welds and fabricates items from blueprints or drawings
- Communicates well with vendors and coworkers in a professional manner.
- Be a team player and cross train with co-workers
- Special projects as assigned by Shop Manager
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Minimum Education required: Completion of technical school or 2-3 years related experience, a valid CA driver’s license, as well as forklift certification.
- This position requires good communication skills and the ability to communicate well with equipment operators. Although this position has no supervisory responsibilities, incumbent should have a working knowledge of what work and responsibilities are necessary to run the shop smoothly and be able to fill in temporarily during the shop manager’s absence. Bilingual not necessary, but is preferred English/Spanish.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org