Monterey Pacific, Inc. / McIntyre Labor Service, Inc.
Job Title: Class A Driver / Water Truck Driver
Reports To: General Manger
Summary – Class A driver is responsible for watering the field roads. On occasion deliver and pick up of loads. Assist as a General Labor when need be.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain Daily Vehicle Inspection Log.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for irrigating roads with water truck. Maintain a low speed watch for other vehicles, farming equipment, and people at all times.
- Must follow DOT Regulations.
- Maintain good housekeeping of inside and outside of the truck.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicle.
- When applicable secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders or tarps, according to the merchandise.
- Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
- Unload/Load product bins onto trailer utilizing a forklift.
- Unload/Load product with manual pallet jack.
- When applicable check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Maneuver truck into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Must follow Company policy and company safety rules at all times.
- Have a Class A license
- Ability to operate a forklift/ manual pallet jack.
- Ability to push, pull, carry and lift minimum of 50 lbs.
- Have basic understanding of DOT regulations.
- Be able to work flexible schedules including night, weekends, and long hours.
- Tactful, business mature and able to get along with diverse personalities.
Able to exemplify professional behavior in all aspects of position